There are plenty of ways to stream the best shows and movies, but a lot of people are turning to Roku. Roku is best known for its standalone streaming players, but the company has also dominated the smart TV market in recent years. In 2020, Roku TVs accounted for 38% of smart TVs sold in the United States. But Roku is more than just a device maker.
The company has also dabbled in content production, from purchasing Quibi’s remaining originals to hosting its own streaming service. The Roku Channel is always adding new live channels, and this week, it brought 15 more to Canadian users.
The Roku Channel adds 15 live channels in Canada
If you don’t live in Canada, some of the new live channels will sound familiar. Roku just added several of those same channels to The Roku Channel in the US last month. Here is the full list of free live channels that launched in Canada this week:
- AfroLandTV: Watch hundreds of African movies, Nollywood and TV shows from Africa and its Diaspora.
- Cops: In rhythm with the men and women of the forces of order.
- cowboy style: American lifestyle and contemporary cowboy entertainment.
- Taken in Providence: Judge Frank Caprio takes an emphatic approach to a variety of traffic, parking and other violations.
- Fig tree flat: Films and series to elevate and inspire the human spirit.
- MovieRise Sci-Fi: Explore otherworldly series like cult hit Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction and supernatural favorites Being Human, Blood Ties, and more.
- Gravitational Movies: A collection of independent films and award-winning documentaries.
- Homeful: Featuring some of the best decorated faces in designer TV for the home; this channel features binge-worthy real estate, renovations and makeovers.
- Close: The leader in celebrity lifestyle programming for diverse female audiences.
- Magellan TV Now: The best documentaries on science, history, nature, mystery and more, curated by award-winning filmmakers.
- Real life: The home of any lifestyle.
- Spark TV – Light and Love: Romantic and family movies and series that uplift, inspire and warm the heart.
- Supermarket sweep: Three teams of two compete against each other using their grocery shopping skills and merchandise knowledge to win cash prizes.
Additionally, Roku has added a few Canada-centric channels to the lineup:
- Canadian FilmRise: A collection of classic series such as Highway to Heaven and Black Books, all dubbed in French.
- FilmRise Made in Canada: Watch hit Canadian shows and movies with national stars like Elliot Page and Natasha Henstridge.
Roku Free Channels List
The best thing about The Roku Channel is that it’s completely free. In fact, if you visit The Roku Channel through your browser, you can create an account and start watching hundreds of movies and shows for free. Some of the more recent on-demand additions include buffy the vampire slayer, office space, super soldiersand Shrek.
Depending on where you live, there are now over 200 free live channels on The Roku Channel. In 2020, Roku added a live TV channel guide to make it easier to find what you’re looking for. If that’s not enough, check out the most popular free channels on Roku.