Despite all that our province has had to overcome over the past two years some businesses thrive and we love to see it, especially when they see their success as an opportunity to give back. This week, to celebrate companies that have taken care of their employees and their community, the organization behind from Canada The Top 100 Employers Project has announced its picks for Alberta’s Top Employers.
Awarded annually to those who have organized meaningful programs and initiatives since 2006, this year’s recipients are celebrated for lending a helping hand when people needed it most.
In addition to their initiatives, the organization also assessed everything from the physical workplace and atmosphere, financial and family health benefits, time off, communication training and management, to engagement. community of each company.
5 Canadian mascots we’d have a drink with & 5 we’d ‘forget’ to invite to the party
Here are the funniest movies you can stream in Canada right now
Here are the 5 companies and initiatives that have been recognized by Mediacorp Canada Inc., as Alberta’s Top Employers in 2022:
- ATCO – Donated over $2.9 million to more than 800 charities in 2020, with the company matching 100% of employee donations
- Alberta Blue Cross – provided $195,000 to 45 projects through COVID Community Roots, a program they started that awards up to $5,000 community initiatives in rural and remote areas of the province
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) – encouraged employees to spend more time with their families this year. They also have policies in place that include four weeks of initial vacation pay, additional paid days off during winter break, and up to 12 paid personal days off per year.
- Rumi – increased employee health coverage for paramedical services by 300% and set up a paid “wellness day” so that employees find time to take care of themselves – They also organized deliveries of gifts of flowers, chocolates and plants to brighten up employees’ days .
- Inter Pipeline -Provides employees with well-developed mental health and wellness benefits, making mental health services more accessible with coverage of up to $10,000 annually for psychological services
“The Alberta employers chosen for this list show of the year a strong understanding of the need to come together during difficult times,” said Kristina Leungeditor-in-chief at Mediacorp in a Press release.
“From supporting employee wellness and mental health needs during the pandemic to supporting local community groups under pressure, these organizations have gone the extra mile to keep people together,” and they did. !
Here are the 2022 winners of Alberta’s Top Employers competition:
Absorb Software Inc.
Agricultural Financial Services Corporation / AFSC
Alberta Blue Cross
Alberta Games, Alcohol and Cannabis / AGLC
Alberta Health Services/AHS
Alberta Investment Management Corporation
Alberta Schools Employee Benefit Plan / ASEBP
Alberta Securities Commission/ASC
Alberta Teachers Association, The
Alberta Workers Compensation Appeal Board
Aquatera Utilities Inc.
Bennett Jones LLP
Bethany Care Society
Birchcliff Energy Ltd.
BluEarth Renewables Inc.
Calgary Cooperative Association Limited
Calgary Police Service
Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 1
Calgary Central West Primary Care Network / CWC PCN
Canada Energy Regulator
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited
CapitalCare Group Inc.
Champion Petfoods LP
Claystone Waste Ltd.
Convergint Technologies Ltd.
Dentons Canada srl
Duncan Craig LLP
Edmonton Catholic Separate School Division
Edmonton, City of
EPCOR Utilities Inc.
Fortis Alberta Inc.
Gibson Energy Inc.
Gilead Alberta ULC
Alberta Health Quality Council
Imperial Oil Limited
Inter Pipeline Ltd.
Lafarge Canada Inc.
Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd.
NAIT / Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
NovAtel Inc., subsidiary of Hexagon
Olympia Financial Group Inc.
Pason Systems Corp.
Pembina Pipeline Company
PRIMED Medical Products, Inc.
Riva International, Inc.
Rogers Insurance Ltd.
Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation, The
Shaw Communications Inc.
Suncor Energy Inc.
SysGen Solutions Group Ltd.
Translational research in oncology
UFA cooperative limited
University Hospital Foundation
University of Calgary
Western Financial Group Inc.
Workers Compensation Board – Alberta
We can’t wait to see what companies come up with next year – but until then, keep being kind, Alberta. A little “nice” goes a long way.